South Yorkshire Police run BikeSafe courses at various dates throughout the year and each course takes one full day and covers the following topics:
• Hazard perception
• Cornering • Braking
• Collision causes
• Bike control
• Correct use of gears
The day includes one classroom session before taking a guided ride-out with an advanced police motorcyclist. Each participant receives:
1. Introduction to safer riding techniques
2. Training needs assessment
3. Opportunity to benefit from further incentives
4. copy of Police Roadcraft & The Highway Code
5. Most importantly BikeSafe will help to identify motorcyclists’ strengths and weaknesses in preparation for training by recognised providers.
The courses cost £50.00 to cover administration charges and lunch.